Thursday, February 18, 2010

Corndogs and Taxidermied Turkeys

Today has been an odd day at most. It all started off when I finished a lab early in my microbiology lab so I went to go chat with the professor about finding a pure culture of a certain bacteria, but on my way over, I confused his office with the wrong floor of the Widstoe. I made my way through the halls, trying to find his office and I pass by the office of a professor who was cooing to his taxidermied turkey. I was shocked and had no clue what to do, so I tried to make it look like I hadn’t seen anything and walked the other way. I can never return to fifth floor of the Wisdtoe ever again because I think he saw me and he might want to introduce me to his stuffed, avian lover.

Later in the day, I was walking over to the JKB for my BoM class which always puts me in a funk, but while I was walking over, I was surrounded by an overwhelming stench of corndogs. I thought that it was probably from some person eating lunch around me so I just kept walking, but the stench seemed to follow. I looked around to see if there was a corndog festival somewhere on campus or something but still nothing. I stopped and then I see a guy who is in my BoM class walking right by me and the pockets on his cargo pants were steaming. What was so hot in his pockets and why is he carrying them in there? He leaned down and pulled out about three corndogs and crammed them into his gullet one by one.

So in class, there was no focusing on what I should be learning like, I don’t know, the gospel? I just watched him, pulling more and more corndogs out of his pockets. I counted 11 before class ended but when we left, I could still see the steaming bulge. I want to know how many corndogs can a Mormon fit in cargo pants. Anybody know the answer?

No comments:

Post a Comment